Initially, project management is a set of actions aimed at achieving the goal and realizing the tasks set. In this case, a person should have creative brains, since he can dispose of only what he has: all resources, including time, people and money. It should be noted that the main skill necessary for quality management is planning, both short-term and long-term. The entire process of the integrated project management goes through the following conditional stages:
- Development of the concept of the project. At this stage, the idea of the project is thoroughly studied for utility. A decision-making committee is convened, whose task is to determine the realism of the expected results.
- Planning. At this stage, responsible people set out the plan, charter, project area in writing, clearly describing the work that should be done. This phase also involves the prioritization, scheduling, and the allocation of the necessary resources.
- Running the work. Distribution of resources and setting tasks for each responsible group. If necessary, temporary employees are involved in the project.
- Stage of production and control. Comparison of actual progress with the plan, if necessary, adjusting the schedules and tracking the pace of the project.
- End of work on the project. Completion of all works, confirmation of the result by the manager and the client, summarizing the work.
Project management can involve completely different types of work, but this scheme describes the main points in general. Most often, the goal of the work is to develop a new product, to make changes to the work process or to eliminate the problems that have arisen.
Here are some statistics that show the benefits of having integrated project management in companies around the world:
Enterprises with well-developed management work more successfully, 2.5 times more often implementing a plan for all projects.
55% of companies feel a significant benefit from project management in the form of reasonable resource allocation, and as a result of full customer confidence.
Due to the application of the risk management methodology, the number of companies, 80% of whose projects ends successfully, increased by 32%.
Enterprises, which for a long time successfully transfer knowledge in the form of training new personnel to management, were able to increase their share by 20%.
No doubt, project management is a necessary aspect, which guarantees the success of any company's work. If you feel that you need help with this or are trying to achieve more - contact the specialists of SpdLoad. On a dedicated page you will find several ways to contact us. So you get a project management website that will really satisfy your needs and bring you profit!