SpdLoad is looking for your over-the-top content!
SpdLoad’s authors are startup founders, web developers and designers. We want our writers to share the tips and tricks they have learned, and we will give you plenty of help along the way. If you have an idea to share, here is how to turn it into a good piece of a content.
Our primary goal is to deliver quality content. We’d be honored to have you sharing your insights. Tell us about your recent projects and lessons learned. We are sure you have some tips that worked and things that failed to write a mind-blowing article.
The start point
This guideline will provide you with everything you need to know. Read it before getting started with your article. It will increase the chances your idea will be accepted.
Who Can Submit An Article?
Obviously, it’s you. We would be happy to work both with novices and experienced authors. What really matters to us is your content.
All you need is an idea. If you have something you want to share, show us an outline to let us know that your idea is of interest to our readers.
From that point on, we will provide you with any help, assisting you in writing and revising your article.
What Kind Of Articles Do We Publish?
We publish articles written by people who work with digital products, for people who work with digital products. These include:
- Tutorials — Do you have an idea on how to help people getting started with a new technology? Or can you walk them through the process of building a project?
- Opinion — Do you have a strong opinion on something in our industry and the research to back it up? These can make useful talking points.
- Ultimate Guides — Are you able to write long articles covering an interesting subject? You can create a reference piece people will keep coming back to.
- Case Studies — What did you or your company learn from a particular project? Such articles are focused on practical examples to learn from. These are not just the good stories.
We would prefer to preview an outline, rather than a complete article. In general, we assist authors in refining their outline to make it meet our requirements. In case we receive a complete article at first place, we would usually have to reject it.
What Do We Not Publish?
We do not publish articles which are an obvious attempt at content marketing. We also ignore an unoriginal or syndicated content.
Yet we publish everything related to startups and digital products. Our particular interest lies in the insights on idea generation and validation, building an MVP, startup launching, sales and marketing hacks & tips etc.
Your company experience matters to us and we appreciate your readiness to share it. However, we reject articles that contain links to your product, or which are a walkthrough of how to use it.
Think about what you have learned, not how you can sell to our readers.
Our readers are unlikely to be interested in press releases and product reviews.
Who Are We Publishing For?
SpdLoad’s audience is would-be entrepreneurs and founders of early stage startups. Professional web designers, developers and project / product managers also read our articles.
When you write, treat your reader as a knowledgeable person. An ability to write the articles about technologies for beginners is great. But you should assume that our readers are already familiar with web technologies.
We aim for practical advice based on real experience and a well-researched opinion is what we aim for.
We do have sponsored-post options for companies who would like to increase their visibility. All we ask in return is a high-quality content.
Again, this is not a loophole to post an advert, rather a way to put your name to some great content for our readers.
Start by getting in touch via our contact form. Don’t forget to include:
- Your proposed outline or ideas you’d like to cover.
- If you don’t have an outline yet, you can get a topic idea from us. For this, give us enough detail so we can understand your topics’ capacity.
- URLs to examples of your writing. That can be a post on your blog or an article for Medium. You can also attach an unpublished article.
- It would be a plus, if your pitch contains at least 1 or more inner links from spdload.com related to your article’s subject.
We’re always glad to make new contacts and explore new possibilities. We would be very happy to welcome you on board of SpdLoad team!