How to remove bad backlinks for SaaS
In addition to properly building link mass for your SaaS, you need to clean your site from “bad” backlinks so as not to run into trouble. How to understand that you got exactly the “bad” backlink? How to find such links and get rid of them? I will answer these questions in this post.
What backlinks are considered bad and what they can threaten for SaaS
There are several aspects that determine that a link is placed on a bad site, namely:
1. Links from sites with low-quality scores – Domain Authority (Moz metric);
2. The link was received from a page that links to other spam pages, or from a site with undiluted and inorganic link mass.
3. Sites that sell links in bulk, which does not apply to white SEO.
4. A site that links to yours has a lot of non-topic links.
5. More than 50% of traffic from the no-relevant country for you
Search engines can track almost all of these factors and apply filters to sites that lead to low-quality links.
In both cases, the consequences cause great damage – a sharp deterioration in the ranking.
Even website owners who use white SEO techniques are not immune to search engine fines, so I advise you to regularly check the relevants of backlinks.
How to find bad backlinks?
1. Complete a simple registration on the site
2. Enter your site in search
3. Move forward to Tab – Backlinks
4. Export to CSV
5. Open using the table editor
From UberSuggest you immediately export the filtered file.
After finding bad links, you need to get rid of them as quickly as possible.
The most better way is to contact the owners of the sites from which there are links to your resource. However, you need to understand: there are no exact guarantees that they will respond to your request. Plus it will take you a lot of time.
I recommend using another free tool – Disavow Links Tool.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Create a document in the google drive.
2. Insert there all external links, each of which will begin on a new line.
P.s. if you see that from one domain you have 10 or more substandard links, use the – domain: option.
Just put it in front of the domain, and Google will completely close all links from this domain.
3. Save the file in .txt resolution.
4. Open the Disavow Links Tool, click the “Disavow Links” button.
5. In the page that opens, click again – Disavow
Do not be afraid of this warning.
6. Select a previously created file and click send
It is need to clarify that after adding links to Disavow they will not be deleted, but simply will be ignored by the search engines when ranking. But it’s a fine solution.
Why your SaaS need it?
Fighting a problem is much harder than preventing it. This directly affects the reference mass. Accurate and proper build-up will bring good results, but failures can occur in any tactics. That is why I advise you to regularly check your site for bad backlinks, especially in cases where there is a sharp decline in ranking.