We'll show how did we transform a founder's vision into an MVP in 4 months
- Vendor selection
- iness challenges
- What value we delivered?
- Particular steps
- Challenges we overcam
Who Is the Founder?
The founder is a successful entrepreneur. He is the owner of an enterprise-level company in real estate.
Our customer has relevant experience in product development, as he already has been working with a development team of data scientists at his end.
He looked for a reliable team to scale the current team capacity and build an MVP with a top-notch user experience.
Thus, at the negotiation stage, we put all efforts to present our work style and resonate with customers' expectations.
We focus on communication, management, and presentation of tech solutions to a non-tech person.
Also, we paid attention to cooperation with another development team, as we have a similar experience.
The Key Goal of a Customer?
The founder wanted to scale his own business to re-vision the highly competitive real estate market position.
He decided to find a new way to optimize business processes' design to do so.
There are existed many pains-to-be-solved, as performed all audits manually. It was unscalable and hard-to-maintenance.
The MVP hypothesized that automatization with a platform significantly increases business efficiency.
As a result, this product could be a new business direction with great RoI from an internal project.
Why He Chose SpdLoad Services?
In total, 3 factors influenced the fact that we started working together.
1. Our technical expertise. We worked with complex OCD algorithms used in the project and understood the pitfalls.
2. Our managerial expertise. We can quickly set up management, communication, and cooperation with remote teams using GitHub, Slack, Jira.
3. Our approach. It may sound trite, but the ability to quickly immerse yourself in an idea, identify business tasks and challenges have become a decisive factor when choosing a development vendor.
Stage 1. Discovery phase
1. Interview With a Customer
Before starting the development process, we paid great attention to communication with the client.
Our task is to understand his goals, motivation, and fears. It helped shape his expectations and presented them to the team.
We made sure that each team member is aware of what we are building, why, and for whom.
Only then proceeded to step by step implementation of the idea into reality.
2. The Core Logic of an Idea
The core functionality is to perform audits for one year or several based on the property, tenants, landlords lease values and analyze the extracted data.
It helps final users increase their savings and/or raise the property's value.
3. Creation of Documentation
We start our work at collection requirements and creating a detailed description for the design team. It's much easier to describe to developers the logic with textual documentation and visualization with design.
Stage 2. Design
Font: Avenir Next
Stage 3. Development
Solution 1. Implementation of the OCR module
The OCR stays for Optical Character Recognition, which detects and extracts text from images.
The development team on the customer's side implemented this module.
Our goal was to adequately and reliably connect their solution with the whole platform.
So lution 2. Development of a complex management system
The platform's architecture includes many roles with different levels of roots.
This solution allows Admins and Auditors to easily split responsibilities and perform Audit with different teams.
The super admin will have the access to the Admin panel with the ability to :
- manage all user roles (add, edit and delete user)
- permission to proceed the "CRUD" actions
Solution 3. Implementation of multiple integrations
- In regards to custom calendar functionality it is easy to quickly schedule any appointments and see other users’ appointments sorted by different audits.
- The files management system allows to have all the benefits of complex cloud storages as storing of big amount audit data and secure access to the collected files
Value we delivered
Our technical expertise and business empathy helped us make the idea happen into an MVP.
During working on the project, we focused on providing top-grade services.
And that's why enterprise-level business owners like the founder decide to work with us.
1. We leveraged design thinking in business.
The customer just told us the pain-to-solve and rough shape of the idea. That was enough to a start point.
2. We rapidly create in-depth documentation for the design and development team.
Our findings helped design the system and workflow in a user-driven and pain-solving way.