8 Best iOS App Development Software & Tools
- Updated on 27 Dec 2023
- 5 min
In today’s competitive mobile app market, companies, both large and small, are realizing the key benefits that well-designed, user-friendly apps can provide.
From attracting new customers to boosting engagement and sales, a high-performing iOS app can be a game-changer for your business.
The good news? iOS development has gotten much easier over time. Since its early days, Apple has introduced various advanced developer tools and technologies to streamline building apps across platforms.
This article discusses the top iOS app development tools to build fully functional, cutting-edge iPhone apps that get approved and published within days.
Let’s dive in!
Top iOS App Development Tools for 2024
Apple has introduced Xcode, a tool for creating Swift applications for iOS devices.
It is the first choice for new developers to create applications for the Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and Apple TV.
The Xcode development environment, used to create iOS applications, has a text editor, a compiler, and a build system.
Moreover, it is the perfect tool for developers to write, compile, debug, and publish the app on the App Store.
If you’re looking for a tool that reduces the amount of development time needed to create a mobile app, and creates consistency and speediness in the app development process, consider using this.
- You can design and test a graphical interface without writing a line of code.
- With iOS SDK, you can build, install & run apps and debug them in a Mac-based Simulator.
- To find any information, you can look in the Help index for complete documentation.
AppCode is an advanced tool built on the IntelliJ IDEA platform and launched by JetBrains.
It uses plug-ins to extend its functionality, or you can extend its functionality by writing your plug-ins.
The major benefit of using the AppCode tool is that it makes writing and analyzing code easy.
The IDE and editor are geared toward catching different coding errors, which enables developers to fix them in time.
This code management task helps developers save more time.
- Intelligent code assistance helps you create clean code, and reveals your context and project structure.
- Built-in tools and integrations make it easy for developers to run, test, and debug the app.
The Transporter tool helps in uploading your content directly to Apple.
Being a developer, it becomes easy for you to send apps, music, TV shows movies, or books on the various Apple platforms.
The Transporter development tool allows you to upload your content directly to Apple.
As a developer, it is easy to send music, TV shows, movies, apps or books on the different Apple platforms.
To distribute your content in the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Books, or iTunes Store, you will need to set up an App Store Connect account, or iTunes Connect account, or give us valid encoding house credentials.
- Drag and drop the content you want to move into Transporter.
- You can upload multiple files at once from your computer to streamline the delivery process.
- To check the status of your issues fixing, look for validation warnings and delivery logs.
- Keep records of all past deliveries, including the date and time.
iOS developers rely on a program called Simulator to test their apps before sending them off to Apple for approval.
The simulator is an Xcode tool installed on your Mac that allows you to run iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV applications in a window. It’s great for quick testing of your application.
A simulation environment combines a simulated device and the simulation software that comes with its own settings and files.
Settings and files will be saved to each device that gets tested, so there isn’t a great deal of back-and-forth between screens.
This lets you streamline your interactions!
- Smoothly interact with apps on iOS, watchOS, and tvOS with pointer and keyboard support.
- Helps to prototype and debug apps
- This tool can help you with prototyping and debugging apps.
- You can easily tweak the graphics of a mobile app.
- Test your iOS app for bugs before submitting it to Apple for review.
You can now create easy-to-read documentation for your Objective-C and Swift code using the Jazzy tool, a command-line utility.
It uses SourceKit and Clang AST representation of code to generate accurate and stellar results.
Moreover, the addition of Objective C and Swift capabilities will help iOS app developers manage essential attributes and understand the purpose of writing certain code.
The Dash documentation viewer is installed directly to the source code of websites and makes possible a great deal of accuracy and efficiency for developers.
A result is a tool that is much loved by developers because it works so well.
- Generate professional-looking app manuals with this tool.
- Compatible with Objective-C and Swift.
- Helps in creating stand-alone applications with great accuracy.
CocoaPods is a dependency manager that streamlines your integration of third-party libraries into your Xcode projects.
It is used by over 83,000 active developers and has been integrated into more than 3 million apps.
To use CocoaPods, you create a Podfile—a text file that describes how your app depends on other libraries.
CocoaPods then resolves dependencies and fetches source code for the libraries, placing it in an Xcode workspace so that it can be linked with your app to create an iOS app.
- Third-party code from sources other than the owner of a project integrated into a project and available for distribution.
- Eliminates dependency conflicts between libraries.
- The app makes it easy to incorporate third-party libraries.
Design+Code tool is used to provide educational videos related to iOS app development that aids developers in improving their learning skill, thereby resulting in faster results.
The video content covers a range of topics and techniques related to iOS app design and coding, with tutorials on using Xcode, Sketch, and Framer.
As a complete knowledge-based platform, it lets developers build faster and highly efficient iOS apps.
If the programmers like any content, they can bookmark them as well for later practice.
- Build quick apps with React and Swift.
- Video tutorials to strengthen your knowledge.
Applyzer is an iOS tool that helps programmers monitor their apps’ positions in the Apple Store.
This easy-to-use tool allows you to create an account and integrate your app ID to track your apps’ positions on iTunes.
The Editor tool enables content developers to search for keywords in the app’s content. This includes the ability to view a list of all the keywords that have been used and their results.
So, Applyzer is not exactly a development tool but it holds a great place in the eyes of app developers, marketers, investors, and publishers.
- Hourly app insights for great performance.
- Find the most relevant keywords for your competitors.
Build Your Own Cutting-Edge iOS App
An intuitive iOS app can increase your business’s visibility, engagement, and revenue. With the right tools and a skilled development team, you can build an app that delivers immense value.
At SpdLoad, iOS app development is our specialty. For over 10 years, we have designed and launched successful iOS apps — from consumer-facing to secure enterprise solutions.
Whether you have an app idea to test or want an upgraded version of your existing app, we can make it happen. Get in touch for a free consultation today.