This App is fundamentally changing retail. A startup offers a new phygital customer experience for offline marketplaces.
The startup was conceived as a cheap but working alternative to Amazon Go. This product is built around the technology of instant payments using QR codes.
The customer had detailed business requirements.
He was looking for a team with experience in creating products from scratch. The customer was interested in the development of custom technical solutions in a rapid way.
SpdLoad team provided expertise in the creation of a market-driven MVP. It helped us adapt technical solutions to business requirements and implement a customer's vision into a live product.
- Create a custom retail-focused payment based on a bank merchant account.
- Develop a custom QR code scanner.
- Build a complex database to track the statuses of a large number of products.
- Design User Experience for smooth payments in two clicks.
How does the app work?
There are two roles in the application: Keeper and Buyer.
A keeper is a person who serves points of sale: he fills with goods and gives out perfect purchases.
A buyer is a person who makes purchases through the Smartpolka payment system.
- Step 3
Project key factors
A top manager in an enterprise-size company, a serial entrepreneur with strong expertise in the retail
Startup from scratch
Project scope of work
- Business Analyst
- Backend Developer
- Frontend Developer
- Mobile Developer
- QA Tester
- Project Manager
The main solution
The main challenge of the product is the development of a custom payment module. It provides a new pattern of behavior in offline commerce.
During the development process, we successfully solved the problems with:
- Creating a complex database architecture that allows you to work with an unlimited number of goods and outlets;
- Connecting the payment module to cash registers;
- Connecting the system to tax accounts;
- Development of a custom QR code scanner;
- Creating an online payment flow using a bank merchant account;
- Integration of QR code scanner and own payment system.
Their team’s work led to a working app that’s begun generating its first sales already in nine locations. Collaborating with SpdLoad was issue-free thanks to their ability to provide frequent status updates and willingness to fix issues and make everything work properly.
- We rapidly developed and launch an application in the App Store and Google Play. There were issues with moderation, as both platforms provide specific requirements for developers.
- We created the custom fast payment system from scratch. It was a complex task with plenty number of pitfalls. In other words, we created the real alternative of Amazon Go for small businesses low cost.
- The final version of MVP was a bug-free quick payment app, that allows us to test business hypotheses to find product/market fit in a fast and risk-free way.